Community & Events
At Weiss, Hale & Zahansky Strategic Wealth Advisors, we help others live well.
At Weiss, Hale & Zahansky Strategic Wealth Advisors, our "why" — the underlying goal that guides all we do — is to empower our community to Live Well. That community includes our clients, of course, but it encompasses the broader community as well. That's why we remain committed to supporting organizations and initiatives that further access and opportunities for everyone to live well, in a variety of ways.
We Help Others Live Well Through Volunteering
We recognize that active community involvement is an essential component of helping others to live well. We provide two paid days per year for each member of our team to dedicate to volunteer work, so that our community support extends far beyond financial support to include investment of our team's time, talents, expertise and passions.
We also volunteer as a group at community events and organizations, with a particular focus on initiatives focused on ending hunger in our communities, providing opportunities for disadvantaged children to learn through new experiences, and to improving youth financial literacy so that the kids of today can grow up to plan well, invest well and live well tomorrow.
Our team members have contributed their time and talents to a variety of organizations, including:
- Local conservation commissions
- Putnam and Pomfret regional schools
- NECT Food Council
- YMCA of Greater Hartford
- The Hole in the Wall Gang
We also partnered with Commonwealth Financial Network® as our broker/dealer for many reasons, one of which is appreciation for its commitment to support charities as well. Visit its webpage and check out the Commonwealth Cares page for more detail on the programs it supports.
We Help Others Live Well Through Community Leadership
We don't just get involved through volunteering — we also maintain a personal and ongoing investment in a variety of organizations that help our clients and community to live well in many aspects of life:
- Principals/Managing Partners Laurence Hale and James Zahansky contribute their time and expertise as board of directors members and officers for organizations including the Northeastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, the Hale YMCA, the Quinebaug Valley Community College Foundation and the Rectory School.
- Vice President and Associate Financial Advisor Leisl Cording is a member of the Northeast Connecticut Women & Girls Fund Steering Committee and the Putnam Business Association, and coaches soccer for the NECONN United Soccer Club.
- Our Lead of Client Financial Planning Services, Heather O'Rourke, serves as Vice President of the Board of Directors for TEEG (the Thompson Ecumenical Empowerment Group).
- Rebecca Lewis, associate for client services and administration, supports the work of the Northeast Connecticut Women & Girls Fund.
- Kate Pitts, Director of Client Experience and Relationships, is a member of the Pomfret Proprietors Association.
We Help Others Live Well Through Community Partnerships
In addition to ongoing individual and team volunteer efforts and community leadership roles, we also partner with community organizations to help meet specific significant needs in the community.
Most recently we've partnered with Interfaith Human Services of Putnam (IHSP) and the Daily Bread food pantry, the Thompson Ecumenical Empowerment Group (TEEG), the Access Community Action Agency and the Hale YMCA to help ease hunger and to offer valuable experiences and opportunities for disadvantaged children in communities across northeastern Connecticut
We invite you to watch this brief video to see the impact that these efforts have made on our community in 2020, a time when the need for community support was higher than it's been in quite some time: